pink

Wednesday 2 July 2014

World Cup 2014 Fever

As the world cup fever rises, so does the temperature in football lovers’ living room and mamak stalls. Fuelled by the “makan bola, tido bola” commercials, even an average joe would get suck in the spirit.

 As a partner (living partner, crime partner, sleeping partner..you name it!) to a football fanatic, I was obligated to participate in the McDonald FIFA Fantasy Football and compete in the family league, HIS family league (my family is more artistic in nature). Although it wasn’t my first time playing it, I was still considered new to it.

For those who doesn’t know what fantasy football is, well let me try my best to impart the wisdom onto you. (let’s use world cup as the example here).

Basically, you start off with 100 points and with that point you will need to buy 23 players to start a team.  Each player you buy will need to fulfil the positions according to the formation.

In association football, the formation describes how the players in a team are positioned on the pitch. Different formations can be used depending on whether a team wishes to play more attacking or defensive football.

Formations are used in both professional and amateur football matches. In amateur matches, however, these tactics are sometimes adhered to less strictly due to the lesser significance of the occasion. Skill and discipline on behalf of the players is also needed to effectively carry out a given formation in professional football. Formations need to be chosen bearing in mind which players are available. 


You are pretty much playing the manager role.

I did pretty well in the 3rd round, which only attract more trash talk and so call friendly banter


It was all fun and game, until it became a fierce competition in the family. How big of a competition it is, you might’ve asked.. well sweetie, you have no idea.

Before I married my husband, I was very introvert and just loves spending time by myself either reading, watching series or just pampering myself with homemade spa stuff.

I know my husband was and still is an athlete and loves to compete but I never thought I will turn into him. In order to survive in a family who loves to compete, I had to be one of them. (.. it is pretty ugly)

Fantasy football is just one of the things we compete to get that “bragging” right until the next world cup or Europe cup.

They say a family who eats together, stays together. But what about a family who competes against one another?



No comments:

Post a Comment